Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Time keeps on tickin' into the future...

Man - is it me, or is time just flying by?

I got back from Arizona with a huge 'to-do' list, and it seems I'm not making much headway. We're nearly a month into 2008 (!) and it appears that things on that to-do list just keep escalating, and none of it is an easy fix. Lemme 'splain, Lucy.

I have a house to get on the market and get sold. I have a job that regularly demands 12+ hours per day, and that's just to keep up. I have the typical "need to get dones" that seem to go by the wayside, eg. oil changes, prescript refills, appts, etc.

All work and no play makes Bent a very dull boy.

I'm working on that last part, but in all honesty, finding the time to find some playtime is becoming quite troublesome.

Throw in my son being sick, my being a dumbass because I rubbed the edge of the garage and need to get it fixed, and time is on the short side...but alas, I have no doubt things will ease up...they have to. After all, the good times aren't going to make themselves...and this kid is all about the good times.

Soo....what to do?

Well, for starters, one of you could offer me a beer...or...I could go find it as I am accustomed to. Lord knows I'm not a saint, and I do my best to be involved in all that has to do with the good times. So I guess I better figure it out, after all, you only live once... Yeah, that latter thing will work...

5 comments:

Chuck said...

Dude, just reading this has worn me out! I guess I should be thankful for my boring life...

BlazngScarlet said...

JEEZ! Talk abount needing the 'kinks worked out'! (LOL ... ;)
Sit down, here's a beer.
Take a deep breath and reeeeeeeelax.

Anonymous said...

You are whining. Don't get me started on these 16 hr shifts I've been working, 17 sites to maintain, one kid, a boyfriend cop, an old fart dog that should die any day now, a nosy neighbor, bad health, and mind you, not a fucking cig in days. Pffft. Bah!

Now, here's a beer and there's always someone out there with more shit to do than you haha.

SCANjolina said...

Feelin' your pain. It seems like it never ends these days, huh?


Here's more than a beer...he's a extra large case of your fave. Enjoy bud! (Hey, at least we're having good weather lately, eh?)

Bent said...

Chuck - I KNOW your gig isn't too boring...

Blaze - thanks, and the big toast to us!

Upset - bring me that beer and we'll talk about whining...

Scanjolina - it doesn't seem to get much easier, right? But it all will turn out good...