Monday, October 20, 2008

All There Is?

It's monday morning, and that familiar 'ugh, another week' feeling has set in.

I am asking myself this morning is this all there is to life now? A job I don't really like and dread going into. A situation at home that seems oh-so-much less than fulfilling. The constant pressure of finances and things I am behind on.

About my only saving grace these days is my son. I am grateful that as he grows older he isn't really pulling away, but pulling closer to me. Even so, he will soon be a teenager and some of his remarks and actions reflect that. I am dealing with it much better than mom.

I usually look forward to sundays, but after the Cowboys ass-whuppin', I'm wondering if I should even feel that way. They look awful - at this rate we'll be out of the playoff hunt by December.

Well, time to quit whining and make my way into the j-o-b. Put on the game face and try to convince nervous nellie investors that life isn't about to end. Tough task given my state of mind.

No comments: