Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oh Marcia!

Maureen McCormick, whom we remember as Marcia Brady on the Brady Bunch, has a new memoir out. In it, she tells stories of growing up Brady, and about little things like trading sex for drugs. Whatever would Jan say? I find this stuff from actors I knew growing up to be fascinating. I haven't read the book, but I'm sure the next time I'm at Barnes and Noble, I'll be browsing through it...

Monday was a huge day for the market - the single biggest one day gain in the Dow Jones Average in 75 years. I was ecstatic...until yesterday. We gave back 733 points in stomach churning volatility, and I once again expect the calls to come flying in today from my clients. It's getting real fucking old telling them to hold on when they are taking such a beating, as is my little portfolio. But I do believe the worst is behind us, and we are going to have a monster run into the end of the year.

My football life is sucking. The Boys are now without Tony Romo, Adam Jones, Terrence Newman, Matt McBriar, and Felix Jones. We are a walking medical unit, for crying out loud. And while it is great we got Roy Williams as our receiver from the Lions, I fear we badly overpaid for him, sacrificing some of our future for the now.

I think I will head out to the State Fair of Texas this weekend. Can't really afford it, but you know, it will be something different. Going with friends so that should make it easier, as I'll have someone to enjoy the thrill rides with me.

No comments: