Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Opposite of Love isn't Hate, it...

...is apathy.

I say that after an exchange with someone I use to be with on a regular basis.

The short story is setting up a time to meet, then them giving me a story about their child getting out of school early, then telling me they had to work until 2 pm...and then finding out they left work before noon, had plenty of time, and had lied about it cause I just wasn't interesting enough for them, I guess. Oh well, live and learn - why should I ever expect that to change? Just as she lied on many occasions, including the many hits I got from different parts of the state and country due to all the guys she was talking to about me, as well her liasons with others she lied about - I mean, c'mon Bent, you oughtta know better.

So enough with that.

Work continues to be a beating, although yesterday's massive rally helped me feel a little better. Sure wish I would have participated more. But people are scared, and they let their emotions drive their investment decisions, instead of fact and logic. I can only do what I can do - but damn that job is getting old in a hurry.

Halloween just around the corner. My son is going as "Jackie Moon" from the movie Semi-Pro. He looks pretty funny - and I can tell you, his mind is definitely evolving into that of a teenager, along with his body - geesh, can't I just make him 3 yrs old again?

The elections are also right here, and I've went and cast my vote. Those who are repeating the mantra of 'change' better be ready when they get what they ask for...and it ain't gonna be a good thing.

My Cowboys have an important game this week, and honestly, I ain't expecting anything good. Not with BJ at QB. Nope, guess we'll have to wait til after the bye week. Hey, maybe the barbarian will rack up 200 yds and save us ;-)

No comments: