Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Contemplating Change

I am so frickin' tired of the enormous amount of mail I get, a good portion of it having to do with debt collecting scum that tries to make life miserable for me in an effort to pay. Hey, you can't squeeze blood out of a turnip. You'll get your money when I get mine...capice? They have even been calling my family, my office, etc in an attempt to embarrass me to speak with them. My office assistant knows the drill - I am NEVER available, which gets them angry as they try their intimidation tactics. I don't have a home number, and they don't have my cell, so other than mail, they have no way to contact me. Time to send a cease and desist to them, tho, as I am growing tired of their bullshit.

I have been seriously contemplating leaving my current employer to trade independently. A few issues are involved, and include:

- I need more capital. About $20k would do the trick, as the firm I would trade with will allow me to leverage that at between 5:1 and 30:1 depending upon the strategy employed and the risk involved.

- I won't have health insurance. And I know the insurance individuals are able to get versus a group plan are horrible.

- How will I manage the inevitable drawdowns, especially when I am dependent upon the trading to provide my income?

- Will I be able to get someone to loan me the money? And what will all that entail? I have a few options in mind, but again, will THEY be willing to place a bet on me for a return of principal, interest, and a portion of profits?

- This isn't an issue; actually, it is the whole reason I am thinking of this...I hate my job and dread going in these days, especially given the current market climate. I Love trading and all that it entails. That is the bottom line - I just want to be happy and be able to provide and pay my bills from it. Can I do it? I damn sure think so!

Oops, looks like I went off on a little tangent there, so I best go get another cup of coffee, get busy, and see if I can sell someone something to make a few $$$.

No comments: