Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

It's my favorite holiday of the year again. A time to kick back from work and the everyday stresses of life, fill my belly full of wonderful food, and watch football. Ahh, how I look forward to it!

It's also the reason we should be thankful for the things we have and which bring us joy.

Life hasn't quite gone the way I planned in 2008, and Lord knows I've spent my fair share of time bitching, pissing and moaning about it. But looking on the other side of the ledger, I must be thankful for a fabulous son. A son that seems to draw closer to me each day. And a daughter I have reconnected with, while despite having shortcomings, is coming around. Thankful that I have material possessions, a roof over my head, and a way to make a living. Many cannot say that, and for that I am grateful.

So with that in mind - thanks for all that I have and will be given!

Now if my Cowboys will kick some Seahawk rear tomorrow, it will be yet one more thing I can be thankful for!

No comments: