Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Musings

It finally happened. We rid ourselves of the cancer that was T.O. To say that Terrell Owens was a pain in the ass is a big understatement. After letting future prisoner #06785 (otherwise known as Adam Jones, aka Pacman) go, we were able to shed another piece of crap in T.O. and let Miles Austin step up and shine at the other wideout alongside Roy Williams. Oh, and the other Roy Williams is history, too. Great hitter, but his coverage skills were deplorable! Movin' on...

The show "The Apprentice" featuring everyone's favorite bigmouth without adding any value, one Donald Trump, is back on the air. We might call it "B-Listers bickermania", but nevertheless, it is entertaining to watch the has-beens go back and forth and badmouth each other. In the latest episode, Scott Hamill got the boot, though the one who really should have gotten it was Dennis Rodman. They were trying to come up with a comic book hero for an online shopping site, and Rodman's suggestion was a transvestite who could morph back and forth. Gee, that's surprising that assclown would come up with that! They seem to have it in for Clint Black, the country star. And while I'm not a huge fan of his, he has more brains than several of the bozos on the men's team combined. I'm predicting they will find a way to cut him loose next.

The stock market just keeps on sliding. When some pundits were proposing that the S&P 500 could fall to 500, I laughed and call it moronic. I said there is no way we would even fall to 600. But here we sit with that index at 675 or so, and the Dow hovering around 6500. Folks, that is simply amazing. To put it in perspective, during the great crash of 1929, the Dow fell some 56% in 16 months (before eventually falling 89.5% when that bear market finally ended.) We are 16 months into this slide, and we're sitting around a 54% decline using that same index. Incredible. For those with an investment horizon longer than a year or two, one should be buying the shit outta this. But hey, I've thought that for 3 or 4 months now, so what do I know?

And for the funny of the day...

A man was sitting in his bedroom when his wife walked in wearing a skimpy nighty.

She told him, "Tie me up and you can do anything you want!"

So he tied her up, screwed her sister, and went fishing.

3 comments:

BlazngScarlet said...

It's a damn god thing we the world renowned Roswell Park Cancer Institute here in the B-LO!
I have a feeling we'll need it for the extraction of T.O.

LOL

Yes, my precious, Buffalo signed him to a one year deal. If nothing else, he'll look mighty fine lined up on the opposite side of Lee Evans AND he will create some havoc for defenses.
Honestly, i'm not sure how I feel about him coming here .... he's too loose a canon.
We'll see ...

Good to see you remembered how to log into blogger ... SLACKASS! LOL
Big wet smooches for you doll ... I have missed you!

Bent said...

Actually, while he was a cancer for my Boyz, he should be ok for your Bills as they only signed him to a one year deal. So he'll be on his best behavior hoping to get an extension. BUT, I would be lying if I told you I wasn't looking forward to the first time T.O. is open on a deep post route and Edwards throws one in the dirt to someone else on 3rd and 5 running a hook. LOL...we'll see what the reaction is.

And thank you - I know I'm a huge slacker! I take it as a compliment sometimes! ;-) Thanks for hanging around these parts...

BlazngScarlet said...

I kinda like hanging around your parts .... ;)